UPDATE (8/5/22): HRI will complete the the milling work on these streets today, the scratch course will be placed on Monday, August 8th. In the interim, the area around all manholes and inlets will be very rough. Motorists are advised to use caution to avoid accidental damage to their vehicles.
Earlier this year, College Township Council awarded the 2022 Resurfacing Project to HRI, Inc. of State College. The following streets are included in this year’s resurfacing project:
- Whitehill Street – Boalsburg Road to Baldwin Street
- Baldwin Street – Boalsburg Road to Whitehill Street
- Warrick Street – Cortland Drive to Whitehill Street
- Jonathan Street – Baldwin Street to Warrick Street
The project is slated to begin this week and is expected to follow the schedule outlined below:
- August 4th and August 5th - Mill off two inches (2”) of the existing asphalt
- August 8th (originally announced as August 10th) - Placement of one-half inch (1/2”) scratch course (thin layer of asphalt that helps fill in any low areas and tighten up any loose subgrade.)
- August 10th through September 7th - Crews complete driveways, inlets, and curb work. Please note that UAJA will adjust manholes to final elevation.
- September 8th and September 9th - Placement of final wearing surface.
Please note that this schedule is subject to change. Weather and other factors will dictate the actual day that each street will be resurfaced. Check the Township’s website and social media sites (Facebook and Twitter) for information on any schedule changes.
If you have any questions regarding this project, please contact the Township at 814-231-3021.